Saturday 5 September 2009

Your Boat Gently Down- Exhibition in Sutton House


I was born in South Korea and have painted all my life. I studied Fine Art at university and since then, I have spent my time roughly 50:50 between England and Korea, such to the point that I feel like I live in two different worlds. To me, Korea is my Narnia. Then, when I'm in Korea, England is my Narnia, So I always miss the other side. I guess that's the reason why I paint windows and doors as metaphors. When you try to think about the other side, you can't remember quite clearly about what's there, so you visualize dream-like images.This dream-like other side is what everyone has in them, and is the reason why we go to cinemas, galleries, and concerts - because we want to dream. But why do people want to dream? Is it because dreams contain the truth? To me, painting is like writing a diary of dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment